Monday, November 7, 2011

Here Goes Nothing...

I'm sitting here in the Pine Cove Towers office.  It is extremely quiet around here today, as the rest of the crew is off recruiting.  I had "created" this blog about a year ago, but haven't done a thing with it since that time.  Never have I been much of a journaler, so I am quite anxious about what this will look like for me...anxious but excited. 

So, now I am faced with the big question...what do I write about for my first official post?  Do I write about the LSU/Alabama game from this past weekend?  I mean, it was an epic battle of two great teams knocking the snot out of each other!  And my Tigers did win!  

Do I write about my family?  Or my job?  Or my love for sweet Arnold Palmer's?!?

I figure the only way to start off this blog is to write about who is most important to me and why.  Jesus.  Without Him, I am nothing.  Literally nothing.  I don't exist.  I don't have meaning.  I don't have purpose.  But with Him, I have hope.  I have someone who loves me and sought me out, even while I ran and rebelled against Him.  Even when I sin or when I am lazy or indifferent to Him, He still unconditionally, and unashamedly loves me.  Ephesians 2:19 says, "So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God..."  I love the fact that when we are in Christ, he welcomes us into His household.  We aren't just standing around the gates of the city, but are welcomed by the blood of Christ into the city!  I hope that we all can see and the remember the great lengths that Jesus went to for the redemption of sinners like me...

2 comments:

  1. Yay first comment! FINALLY joined the blogging world, huh? :) Looking forward to seeing what the Great Robby Mayne will blog about!

    GREAT first blog, by the way!

    Happy Monday Oh Captain, my Captain!

    -Wissmann

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you blogging my old friend...You are now welcomed into my bookmarks...you're the best friend someone could have; you're a blessing.
    Geaux Tigers !!!

    ReplyDelete